Disconnect Aadhaar from your PhonePe account PhonePe customers are requesting that the PhonePe App unlink their Aadhaar number in response to the Supreme Court of India’s ruling, arguing that it is unlawful to require individuals to do so even if Aadhaar is a legitimate document, and that doing so also links their mobile phones and bank accounts.
De-link your Aadhaar from Bank / Mobile Wallet
This is excellent news for individuals who haven’t yet associated their PhonePe and other accounts with their Aadhaar; for those who have linked them, the user should contact the relevant customer service to unlink their Aadhaar from their PhonePe accounts.
Using PhonePe, users can send and receive money, recharge mobile, DTH, and data cards, pay for services, make purchases at stores, invest in tax-saving funds, and purchase liquid funds, insurance, mutual funds, and digital gold. PhonePe is available in 11 Indian languages. It was released in August 2016 and is based on the Unified Payments Interface (UPI).
With its headquarters in Bangalore, Karnataka, India, PhonePe is an Indian digital payments and financial services firm. The process of delinking the Aadhaar card from services associated to numbers is set to begin in the next days with the help of PhoePe and other service providers. Mobile banking service providers will need to release clear instructions for how this procedure should be carried out.
Disconnect Aadhaar from your PhonePe account
Users’ personal right to delink Aadhaar from PhonePe As of now, PhonePe and other digital wallets do not require Aadhaar-related information for authentication. The Supreme Court declared that connecting an individual’s Aadhaar number to a bank account is unconstitutional. Although linking an individual’s Aadhaar number to a bank account is not required, banks do not pressure people to do it.
This action is being done in light of the privacy dangers connected with using an Aadhaar number because the user’s personal information is tied to it. Users of Bank or PhonePe, e-wallet or mobile wallet users, and mobile subscribers no longer need to use their Aadhaar number.
You may already be familiar with the process of attaching Aadhaar card numbers to PhonePe digital wallets and other services, but you will also be familiar with the procedure for removing such links. You must contact PhonePe’s individual customer service department to unlink your Aadhaar card from your account.
In response to your inquiry, PhonePe customer service will send you an email asking them to send you a soft copy of your Aadhaar card. Once you mail the soft copy of your Aadhaar card to PhonePe Customer Care, your PhonePe Aadhaar Unlink process will be finished.
How to Link/Delink Aadhaar Number from PhonePe Account
- Calling PhonePe customer service is the initial step for users.
- Customers can contact PhonePe Customer Support Centre by dialling 080-687-2774 or 022-687-2774.
- Pick the language you want to use.
- Decide on the tongue you use.
- Call PhonePe Customer Care by selecting the number that the IVRS voice prompts provide.
- Tell the PhonePe customer service representative you need to disconnect your Aadhaar number from your PhonePe account when your call is connected with them.
- Your Aadhaar delinking request will be received by PhonePe Customer Care, and you’ll get an email from the company informing you that Aadhaar has been removed from your PhonePe account shortly after that.
- PhonePe Customer Support will reply to your Aadhaar unlink request email with the following message: “Dear Customer, We need a clear image of your updated Aadhaar card for verification in order to fulfill your request, so please submit it to us.
- You should send a scanned copy of your Aadhaar to PhonePe Customer Support in response to that email.
- You will receive a reverse back confirmation email saying “Your Aadhaar details will be delinked in 72 hours” once you reply with a scanned copy of your Aadhaar to the same email that PhonePe Customer Support sent you.
- You may check your PhonePe account after 72 hours to determine if your Aadhaar has been disconnected from your PhonePe account.
Can we break the connection between PhonePe and Aadhar?
Call PhonePe Customer Support and let the representative know you wish to delink your Aadhaar card. Delinking your Aadhaar number from PhonePe will delete your whole KYC.
How can I delink my Aadhar card from KYC?
If you have a PhonePe account or another bank account, you can phone the relevant Customer Support and ask them to delink your Aadhaar. PhonePe or another bank Customer Care may require you to send a scanned copy of your Aadhaar. They will give you a confirmation message after unlinking Aadhaar after receiving your scanned copy of the identification document.
How can I disconnect my Aadhar card from all apps?
Contact your bank’s or any other app service provider’s customer support, and choose the option to unlink your Aadhaar number from your bank or PhonePa account.