Now that linking your PAN card and Aadhaar is required, you can process your income tax returns. If you conduct banking transactions worth more than Rs. 50,000, you must link your PAN card and Aadhaar card. The government has extended the deadline for doing so to June 2024, and a late fee of Rs. 1,000 must be paid.
PAN Aadhaar Link
In order to submit your income tax return and to conduct any financial transactions worth more than $50,000, linking your Aadhaar and PAN cards is a must. What happens if you don’t link your PAN card with your Aadhaar card, why it’s important to do so, how to link your PAN card with your Aadhaar card when it expires, and more information is provided below in detail. learn more.
How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar Card
- If it hasn’t previously been done, you can link your PAN with Aadhaar by following these steps:
- Go to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in, the website for filing taxes electronically.
- On the left side of the home page, click “Link Adhaar.”
- Type the number on your PAN card.
- Key in your Aadhaar card number.
- Use your birthdate to log in.
- You’ll be prompted in a pop-up window to link your PAN to your Aadhaar.
- Select ‘Link Aadhaar’ under ‘Profile Settings’ in the navigation bar.
- Cross-check the PAN information on the screen with your Aadhaar information.
- You must update either your PAN card or your Aadhaar card if there is an inconsistency in the information on either one.
- If the information on your PAN card or Aadhaar card matches, input your Aadhaar number and press the “Link Now” button.
- If your PAN card or Aadhaar card has been linked successfully, a pop-up notification will let you know.
How to check the status of the PAN-Aadhar link
- Go to https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal, the official website of the Income Tax e-Filing Portal.
- On the homepage, select “Link Aadhaar Status” from the left-side menu.
- Next, insert the PAN Card and Aadhaar Card numbers on the new page.
- Click on “View Aadhaar Link Status View Status.”
- If PAN and Aadhaar are connected, an Al Ready PAN card will display the connection.
- A notification will appear saying that PAN and Aadhaar are not linked if they are not connected.