You may set up direct deposits and pre-authorized payments at CIBC, among other things. This is a practical way to collect payments without using cash or a check or to automatically pay your expenses. However, your employer or supplier will still want your account details in order to set them up. Therefore, for this kind of circumstance, you will require a void check.
You would assume that these are unique checks, however they are simply standard checks with the term VOID printed on them. You can ensure that nobody will cash your check and take money from your account using this.
How to Print a Void Cheque in CIBC
This article explains all you need to know in order to print a void CIBC check.
Is it possible to print a void CIBC check online?
Yes, it is the solution. There are two methods to fill these out and print them, so do not panic if you do not have any checks on hand.
Through the CIBC website, print an invalid CIBC check.
On their website, CIBC offers a Payroll, Direct Deposit, or Pre-Authorized Payment Form that you may utilize. If necessary, you may download this by clicking here; it functions similarly to a voided check.
At your nearby CIBC branch, you can also obtain a copy on paper, but doing it online is quicker and allows you to put in the information.
Once downloaded, fill out the blanks with the necessary financial and personal information. Once finished, save it to your computer and print it; subsequently, you’ll need to sign it in the Customer Signature box and hand it to the person who needs to link your account.
On CIBC Online, print an invalid CIBC check.
Since you can immediately obtain the information, this approach is quicker than the previous one. Log into your CIBC account, and after that
- Select the desired account by going to the My Accounts area.
- To make sure your information is accurate, including the transit, institution, and account numbers, click on Void Check/Direct Deposit Info.
- Print the document after saving it. The date and your signature are required in addition to all the pertinent information.
How to cancel CIBC checks using the mobile app
Just carry out these actions.
- Open the CIBC mobile app.
- To link an account, choose it.
- Choose the “Manage My Account” option and click the “Void Cheque/Direct Deposit Info” link.
- Examine the Account Information form that contains your account details, including the Transit Number, Institution Number, and Account Number.
- And that’s it!
How can I ask CIBC to cancel my checks?
CIBC sells checks that you may use or return even though they aren’t very frequent these days. Keep in mind that the delivery time for the checks might range from 3 to 10 business days.
You must login in to your CIBC account once more, after which you must:
- Visit the department for customer service.
- Order Cheques is the choice.
- Decide which account you want the checks to originate from.
- Once you click next, you may start.
If there are any costs associated with purchasing checks, they will show up on the page after you choose the account. Once you’ve completed the process, it will be immediately subtracted.
If necessary, you can also reach a salesperson by calling 1-800-465-2422 to purchase some checks.
There you have it, then. It’s helpful to have the option of physically obtaining a check so you may cancel it. However, as it is simpler and more effective to supply your providers and employers with this information online using the CIBC’s forms, we advise you to do so.