If you want to use your CIBC bank card, you have to register it first. The registration process is very simple, and once you’re done, you’ll have access to all the features. For instance, the Interac Flash service is great if you don’t want to put your card into the machine.
So, in this piece, we’ll talk about everything you need to do to get your CIBC bank card working.
How to quickly start using your CIBC debit card
Follow these steps to get your CIBC bank card working:
- Find a CIBC ATM and put the card into it. Here is where you can use their ATM finder.
- Then, on the screen, you need to choose PIN Options and then ATM PIN.
- Just follow the instructions and pull out the card.
And that’s the end! In just a few minutes, your new card will be active and ready to use.
How to use a new CIBC card
If you have a new card, the process is a bit different.
- Once you put it in the ATM, you’ll have to choose Other Services/More.
- Find “Change PIN Options” and do what it says.
- Read How to Replace Your CIBC Debit Card if you don’t know how to get a new one in the first place.
On the other hand, it is very important that you activate your current bank card at least 3 months before it expires. If you don’t do this before your card ends, the CIBC won’t replace it.
Use your debit card to take advantage of CIBC Interac Flash right now.
While you are waiting for and activating your new CIBC Advantage Debit Card, you could also activate the Interac Flash option. With this choice, you can pay for small things without putting a card in the slot. This wireless service is very safe and takes only a few seconds to use.
Even if you don’t notice it at first, this function will automatically turn on after you use your PIN at a store terminal. Interac Flash will still work even if you get a replacement in the future.
But if you want to turn it off, you have to go to the nearest CIBC store or call 1 800 465-CIBC (2422).