When you don’t have immediate access to cash, using a credit card is a convenient way to make any purchase, from groceries to your favourite gadget. However, closing or cancelling a credit card when you are not using it or when it is lost is essential.
Deactivate HDFC Credit Card
Banks offer various credit cards with cashback, rewards, and discounts; you can select the ideal credit card based on your needs. Although it is elementary to have a credit card, it is essential to close it if the card is lost, misplaced,d or not in use.
You can block your HDFC Bank credit card online through net banking, using phone banking numbers, visiting an HDFC branch, or cancelling it if it is lost or stolen.
How to block credit cards through a website
- Step 1: Click Chatbot-Ask Eva
- Step 2: Type credit card closure
- Step 3: Provide your 10-digit mobile number
- Step 4: Enter the received OTP
- Step 5: Enter the last 4 digits of your credit card number
- Step 6: Choose the reason
- Step 7: Your credit card closure request has been accepted.
Visit HDFC Bank.
HDFC Bank credit card holders can visit the bank, fill out the credit card closure form, and submit it to the manager.
You can contact the manager at HDFC Bank Credit Card, P.O. You can also download the credit card closure form sent to you, fill in your card details, and send it to Box 8654, Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai 600041.
How to Deactivate or Block HDFC Credit Card through Phone Banking
Here’s how you can cancel or block your credit card through our 247 phone banking numbers:
- Step 1: Verify your Telephone Identification Number (TIN). HDFC Bank provides a 4-digit number for phone banking services.
- Step 2: Follow the instructions to block or cancel your card
How to Block or Hotlist HDFC Credit Card through Net Banking
Here’s how you can hotlist or secure your credit card through NetBanking.
- Step 1: Log in to NetBanking using your NetBanking ID and password
- Step 2: Click on the Credit Cards tab and then click on Credit Card Hotlisting on the left. A list of credit cards registered under NetBanking will appear.
- Step 3: Click on the credit card number you want to add to your hotlist
- Step 4: Select a reason for hotlisting
- Step 5: Select if you want the card to be reissued
RBI credit card closure rules
For a bank to honour credit card closure requests, the customer should be immediately informed of the closure through email, SMS, etc. Customers should be given a variety of options to close their cards. They cannot insist on a particular method, such as a helpline, a dedicated email address, Interactive Voice Response (IVR), a link prominently displayed on the website, internet banking, a mobile application, or any other medium.
Suppose the card issuer does not complete the closure process within seven working days. In that case, the consumer will be charged a penalty of Rs. ₹500 per day of delay until account closure, provided there is no outstanding balance.
HDFC credit closure: What is the bank’s rule?
- If a credit card is unused for over a year, the bank may close it.
- If the credit card has not been used for more than a year, the owner will be notified, and the cancellation process will begin. If the cardholder does not respond within 30 days, the card issuer will cancel the card account, assuming the cardholder has settled any outstanding charges.