A Walmart MoneyCard Account Cancellation Procedure You may quickly terminate or deactivate your Walmart Money Card account at any time. After cancelling your account, you won’t be able to utilize any additional extended access services for 7 to 10 business days. To cancel a Walmart Money Card, you must speak with customer service.
It is advisable to empty or clear your account of money in order to process it more rapidly. During the time you wish to cancel the card, don’t use it. The card is no longer usable when the closure process is finished and is no longer valid. This short post will outline different methods for closing a money card account.
Online cancellation of your Walmart Moneycard account
By following the instructions below, you can cancel your Walmart Money Card online using their official website or mobile application.
- Open the mobile app on your smartphone or go to the official Walmart website at https://www.walmartmoneycard.com.
- For access to the dashboard, log in using your account credentials.
- Select “Settings” and then “Close Account” in the drop-down menu.
- Confirming the cancellation is the next step.
- You’ve successfully terminated your Walmart money card account, according to the message that will appear.
- Choose one card at a time if you have multiple accounts.
- As you won’t be able to use the card or access your account balance once you deactivate it, utilize any remaining funds before closing your account.
How to Terminate a Walmart Money Card Through Customer Support
Call customer care to cancel your Walmart money card. To request the closure procedure, adhere to the instructions below.
- Call 877-937-4098 to speak with customer service about the Walmart Money Card.
- Declare that you wish to cancel your Walmart Money Card to the person who answers. It could be necessary to provide your birthdate, address, 16-digit account number, and Social Security number.
- Next, a customer care representative will verify your identity. Then, upon your request, they will close your money card account.
- After then, a customer care representative will cancel your Walmart Money Card.
Online cancellation of your Walmart Money Card
- Search your area for a Walmart or a MoneyCard Support Centre.
- In order to request the termination of your account, get in touch with the Support division.
- Share the details required to finish the account cancellation procedure.
- The Helpdesk representative will help you close your MoneyCard account.
What occurs if I stop using my money card?
The Money card won’t be usable for purchases, and the account will be completely cancelled.
Does closing the money card account affect my credit score in any way?
The idea that closing your Walmart Money Card account would lower your credit score is untrue. Your credit history or credit score are unrelated to the Walmart Money Card or other prepaid cards.
How long should the account closure process for my Walmart Money Card take?
Research suggests that the closure process might take up to 10 busy days. You’ll get an email confirming the operation’s successful conclusion.